[Mcgguroom] Glutinous Rice Gochujang
Mcgguroom Glutinous Rice Gochujang is the best tasting gochujang we've ever had in Korea!
To start off, Mcgguroom is not a large food company. It's an artisanal company from Gyeonsangbukdo province. The owner (shown below) has become a grandmaster in fermenting Korean pastes the traditional way. She uses only 5 ingredients to make their incredible gochujang - no additives or preservatives either. The gochujang is 100% naturally fermented in large, Hanggari pots.
This Gochujang has become our go-to for the last few years. We use it to make spicy K-BBQ, stir-fries and marinades. It has the perfect balance of spiciness, smokiness, saltiness and a touch of sweetness. Furthermore, it adds a layer of savoriness to any spicy dish.
Mcgguroom Gochujang has a strong reputation among foodies and homecooks. If you want to taste a high-quality, artisanal gochujang, this is it!
- 100% naturally fermented in Hangari pots - no preservatives or additives!
- Uses only 5 ingredients (each ingredient sourced in Korea)
- Available in two sizes: 500g and 250g
- [Mac] Glutinous Rice Gochujang -
Made with Korea-grown ingredients: Gochugaru, Glutinous Rice Powder, Meju Powder.
The mixture is fermented in Korean Hangari Pots to create a deep-tasting, traditional Gochujang Paste.
Close-up view of Mac's Gochujang (actual)
Full Ingredient List
- Gochugaru (37%), Glutinous Rice Powder (36.5%), Meju Powder (14.2%), Malt Oil (9.8%), Rice Syrup, Sea Salt (2.5%)
- Expiration period: 1 year 6 months
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, keep in refrigerator
What to Make
- Spicy Korean Marinades, Stews & Stir-fries
- Tteokbokki, Jeyuk Bokkeum, Osam Bulgogi
- Bibimbap Sauce, Ssamjang Dip
About the Brand
- Mcgguroom is an artisanal brand that has been operating since 1989. They're famous for making Korean pastes the traditional way. Their products are sold in department stores.
What is Gochujang?
Gochujang is a fermented paste that's used in spicy Korean dishes.
It's made with Korean red chili peppers (Taeyang Peppers, shown left). These peppers are picked, dried and grated into tiny flakes. Then, these flakes are mixed with various ingredients: fermented soy bean powder (meju-powder), rice flour and salt.
The paste is left to ferment for many months to develop a deep-tasting, piquant flavor.
The owner & operator - Seong Myeong Rae - has received distinction by the Korean govt as an Artisan in Traditional Korean Foods.
Hangari pots filled with doenjang and gochujang are fermented in the mountains of Gyeonsanbukdo Province (Mt. Juwangsan).
They are fermented for at least 12 months - to ensure a deep-tasting, umami flavor.
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$5 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders with 2+ items.
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Established in 1989, Mcgguroom is an artisanal brand from Gyeongsanbukdo Province. This company prides itself in making Korean pastes the traditional way via its collection of 4000+ Hangari pots. It's regarded as premium-quality and sold in Korean department stores.