Korea's Best Selling Fish Sauce
[Chung Jung One] Anchovy Fish Sauce
Chung Jung One's Anchovy Fish Sauce is a best-seller in Korea.
Koreans typically use fish sauce that is made from anchovies. Chung Jung One catches its anchovies off Korea's Southern Coast of Namhae. The anchovies are then 100% naturally fermented to produce a deep-tasting, salty flavor.
Many homecooks like to season dishes and soups with a touch of anchovy sauce because it adds a subtle layer of umami flavor. In Korean, that umami flavor is called 'Kamchil-mat' (감칠맛). And it's a key ingredient for many Kimchi recipes.
If you plan to make Kimchi soon, get a bottle of Korean Anchovy Fish Sauce!
I’m quite satisfied with this sauce and the packing. So I’m going to make kimchi on someday and hope it will be succee :D
Having only used Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce before this, I was pleasantly surprised by the huge difference in taste. Makes for better tasting kimchi.
- Korea's Best Selling Anchovy Sauce
- Anchovies sourced from Korea's Southern Coast of Namhae
- Made via 100% Natural Fermentation
- Perfect for making Kimchi!
- 1 Bottle (500g)
- Anchovy, Sea Salt, Water
- Expiration period: 1 year 6 months
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, store in refrigerator (keeps it fresh longer)
What to Make
- Variety of Kimchi
- Season Korean Braised Dishes
- Season Korean Soups or Stews
About the Brand
- Chung Jung One is one of the largest producers of fermented products in the world. They produce many of Korea's iconic products: soy sauce, gochujang, doenjang and BBQ marinades. It's a well-established, staple brand in Korea.
Here is a local news segment on how anchovy is harvested in Korea's Southern Coast of Namhae.
A key point is that they steam and dry the anchovies immediately as they come out of the water - straight on the boat.
This ensures premium taste and quality.
A: Yes, it should be enough. For 1 head of Napa Cabbage (~1.5kg), you'll use around 4 Tablespoons of Fish Sauce.
A: Yes, Anchovy Sauce is slightly sweeter and thicker. Regular fish sauce is more watery and salty.
Yes - you can keep it there. Or store in your refrigerator to keep it fresh for longer
Korea. All products in Gochujar are made in Korea!
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Chung Jung One is one of the largest producers of fermented products in the world. They produce many of Korea's iconic products: soy sauce, gochujang, doenjang and BBQ marinades. It's a well-established, staple brand in Korea.