Made from Tradition
[Jook Jang Yeon] Premium Artisan Soy Sauce
Jook Jang Yeon is a famous regional brand from Pohang that makes incredible, traditional style doenjang and soy sauce. Their farm is located in Sangsa-ri, a region with a long history in farming soybean and making doenjang.
The brand has a fierce loyalty to tradition - following time-tested, hand techniques to make their doenjang and saying no to "automated" machines.
Soy Sauce is made during the process of making doenjang (soybean paste).
They use only 3 ingredients to make both: (1) Premium-grade soybeans that is locally grown from Sangri Province.To be specific, the used soybeans is Green Kernel Black Beans (서리태) - which is packed with Vitamin B1 and B2.
(2) Natural bedrock water from 200m underground.
(3) Sea Salt from the nearby ocean that has been aged for 3 years! Aging the salt helps reduce the natural bitterness in sea salt.
And no - there is no wheat used in this soy sauce.
This is a special, premium-grade soy sauce that adds depth and richness to just about any Korean recipe!
Available in 420ml glass bottle.
- Made with 100% premium-grade soybeans, grown locally in Jookjang (near Pohang)
- Paste made with natural bedrock water - pumped 200 meters from under the earth
- Soy Sauce contains no wheat - made from only 3 ingredients
- Jook Jang Yeon supplies doenjang to one of Korea's top-rated restaurant (Mingles)
- Available in 420ml glass bottle
Full Ingredients List
- Soybeans (74%), Water (22%), Sea Salt (4%)
- Expiration period: 2 years
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, keep in refrigerator
What to Make
- Use for seasoning a wide variety of Korean dishes
About the Brand
- Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown soybeans and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes - each batch requires 1000 days to make!
An overview of how Jook Jeong's Doenjang & Soy Sauce is made!
Jook Jang Yeon is the Doenjang Supplier to Mingles -
one of Korea's Top Rated Korean Restaurants (Awarded 2 Michelin Stars)
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown soybeans and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes - each batch requires 1000 days to make!