Includes 6-Year-Old Red Ginseng
[Momaejowha] Samgyetang Broth with 6-Year-Old Red Ginseng (3 Packs)
A proper bowl of traditional Samgyetang includes a piece of ginseng root.
But nowadays, it's hard to find that original taste.
Nearly all of the popular Samgyetang restaurants in Seoul substitute ginseng root with cheaper herbal ingredients.
But for those seeking that classic flavor, this Samgyetang broth comes packed with a whole ginseng root!
Not just any ginseng root - the most premium type, 6-Year-Old Red Ginseng!
Ginseng roots, as they age, store larger amounts of saponin. (Saponin is the key molecule behind the root's medicinal and health benefits).
At year 6, the roots contain their highest levels of saponin, making it the ideal time for harvesting.
The broth packs also include 5 other herbal ingredients - all are grown locally in Korea.
If you're feeling sick or want to revitalize your body, use these 6-year-old ginseng broth packs to make an incredible Samgyetang at home!
Note: Each of these broth pack comes packed with herbal ingredients - much more than other brands!
In fact, 1 Broth Pack has enough herbal ingredients for boiling 2 small-sized chickens (cornish hen) at once - if you'll cook 2, start with ~4L of water.
If you instead, want to boil just 1 small-sized chicken, use 1/2 the herbal ingredients in the Broth Pack, along with ~2L of water.
Available in 3 Pack Bundle (~6 servings).
- Contains 6 traditional herbal ingredients, including 6-Year-Old Red Ginseng
- All ingredients are grown locally in Korea
- Package comes with a broth bag - easy to make broth
- 1 Package contains 140 grams of herbal ingredients (family-size) - will make enough broth to cook 2 small chicken at once!
[Momaejohwa] Samgyetang Broth with Red Ginseng (3 Packs)
6-Year-Old Red Ginseng (10 g), Korean Milkvetch (30 g), Korean Raisin Tree (30g), Korean Castor Aralia (30 g), Siberian Ginseng (30 g), Korean Jujube (10 g)
Expiration period: 2 year
Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
What to Make
Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken)
Chicken-Juk (Rice Porridge)
About the Brand
Momaejowha specializes in Korean dried herbs, fruit and teas. Their Samgyetang broth bags have become a hit for using only premium-quality, locally-source herbal ingredients.
Cooking Instructions for 2-3 person serving (2 Chickens)
1. To make herbal broth: Place all of the dried Samgyetang ingredients into the broth pack (but exclude the 6-year-old red ginseng piece - we'll use that in the next step). Then add 4L of water into a large pot and add-in the broth bag. Boil on medium-heat for 1 hour. Then discard the broth pack.
2. Clean the inside of 2 cornish hens and give it a thorough rinse. Stuff it with glutinous rice and red ginseng. Feel free to add other aromatic ingredients like a few cloves of garlic, jujube and peeled chestnut if you have them. Now cross its legs so the ingredients don't fall out (reference video). Place into the broth.
3. Boil the cornish hen on high heat for 30 minutes. Then on medium heat for another 30 minutes. After 1 hour, the broth should look cloudy - which means its been infused with flavor. Reduce the heat to a low and slowly simmer for a final 20 minutes.
4. Move the chicken to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped green onions. And season it with a touch of salt and pepper.
Produced by Korean Herbal Medicine Practitioner - Jae Seong Yoo, Ph.D
The ingredients for this product are procured, selected, and mixed together by Jae Seong Yoo, Ph.D - who has 20+ years of experience in Korean herbal medicine.