Korea's Staple Tea
[Organic Story] Organic Sprouted Barley Tea
Barley Tea is the most popular tea in Korea.
Referred to as Boricha in Korean, this tea is made by boiling roasted, unhulled barley kernels. The tea has a mild, toasty flavor with a slightly bitter undertone. Korean like to consume it hot or cold, often taking the place of drinking water in many homes and restaurants.
Does it have any health benefits? Barley tea is famous for helping with digestion and bowel movements as it contains high level of fiber. It also has antioxidants that help relieve sudden stomach cramps and improve blood flow throughout the body.
Organic Story grows its barley in Korea 100% organically - without any pesticides or chemical fertilizers. Best of all, they pick the barley after it has sprouted. Whats the difference? Seeds - when they sprout - release enzymes that make the nutrients in the seed easier to absorb and digest. Simply stated, sprouted seeds are more nutritious for you.
If you're looking for premium, organic boricha - this is it!
- Made from 100% Korea-Grown Barley
- Barley is grown organically - with no pesticides or chemical fertilizers
- This tea is great for digestion, blood circulation and relieving stomach cramps
- Available size: 500g (large bag)
- Barley (100%)
- Expiration period: 1 year
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, store in a cool, dry area
What to Make
- Barley Tea
About the Brand
- Organic Story is a company that started in 2001 with the vision of bringing 100% organically-grown products to the Korean market. Their products have been inspected and received organic certification by the Korean government.
Show me a video recipe
Here is a video of a chef making barley tea at home.
(Note: This video does not represent Organic Story or its product)
HOW TO MAKE BARLEY TEA
Fill a pot with 2L of water. Bring it up to boil on high heat.
Put 50g of barley into boiling water. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, scoop out the barley seeds with a strainer.
Let the tea cool down. Drink hot or place into refrigerator and drink chilled
A: Yes. When seeds are sprouted, your body can naturally digest and absorb more of the minerals and proteins already present in the kernels.
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Organic Story is a company that started in 2001 with the vision of bringing 100% organically-grown products to the Korean market. Their products have been inspected and received organic certification by the Korean government.