Used by Korean Michelin-Starred Restaurants
[Jook Jang Yeon] Premium Traditional Doenjang Paste
Jook Jang Yeon is a famous artisan producer of traditional doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce.
Today, we introduce their signature Premium Traditional Doenjang Paste!
It's made with two simple ingredients: Soybeans (96%) and Sea Salt (4%). That's it! No wheat, no preservatives, no additives, no chemical processing.
Their signature doenjang is made via time-tested traditional techniques. In fact -from start to finish - it takes about 1000 days to create their doenjang. They don't believe in taking shortcuts and place a heavy emphasis on using only premium-grade ingredients.
Their soybeans are 100% locally grown in a farm near Jookjang province (near Pohang). Their sea salt is sourced off the eastern coast of Korea and left to dry age for 3 years in silos before using! Why? This aging process helps to remove the slight bitterness and significantly improves the taste. This company also uses natural spring water (as opposed to tap water) dug from 200m underground.
Jook Jang is also the name of the province where they are located. It's tucked in a small mountain valley near the coastal city of Pohang - where it receives ample sunshine throughout the year, as well as steady winds from the neighboring ocean. Jookjang is known for having ideal conditions and climate for fermenting pastes like doenjang and gochujang.
Jook Jang Yeon has won many prestigious award in Korea for its doenjang paste: Grand Prize at 2015 Korea Food Show, Grand Prize at Gyeonsangukdo's Fermented Food Fair, Minister Prize at 2013 Ministry of Agriculture Power Brand
They also supply many of Seoul's top-rated Korean restaurant with their doenjang paste - like Mingles (a 2-star Michelin Restaurant).
If you want to try an artisan doenjang paste that has a deep-savory traditional taste but is not overly funky - this is perfect!
The item arrive faster than expected & well protected by bubble wrap!
Use it to make tasty bean soup! Will buy again once I used up!
- Made with 100% premium-grade soybeans, grown locally in Jookjang (near Pohang)
- Paste made with natural bedrock water - pumped 200 meters from under the earth
- From start to finish, it takes a total of 1000 days to produce a batch of doenjang
- Jook Jang Yeon supplies doenjang to one of Korea's top-rated restaurant (Mingles)
- Available in 500g glass jar
- Soybeans (96%), Sea Salt (4%)
- Expiration period: 1 year
- Before opening, store in a cool, dry area
- After opening, keep in refrigerator
What to Make
- Doenjang Jjigae (Soybean Stew)
About the Brand
- Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown soybeans and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes - each batch requires 1000 days to make!
An overview of how Jook Jeong Doenjang is made!
Jook Jang Yeon is the Doenjang Supplier to Mingles -
one of Korea's Top Rated Korean Restaurants (Awarded 2 Michelin Stars)
No it does not.
Yes, completely normal. It will turn slightly darker in color as it sits in the refrigerator. It's safe to eat!
Soybeans (96%), Sea Salt (4%)
Korea. All products in Gochujar are made in Korea!
We handpicked the best
sellers in each category.
$3 Intl. Shipping
We deliver globally.
Free for orders >$40
100% Damage Refund
100% refund if damaged.
Shop with confidence!
About The Brand
Jook Jang Yeon is an artisan brand that produces premium-grade doenjang, gochujang and soy sauce. They use 100% locally grown soybeans and follow traditional techniques to ferment their pastes - each batch requires 1000 days to make!